Year 6 Lead Yourself Into The Future Day

This year all the year 6’s take on the role of leaders of the junior school. On our Lead Yourself Into The Future day us and all the Carey Donvale year 6’s gathered in Metcalfe Hall and took on a day of challenges and learnt lots of things, about leadership and of each other. 

I was in the ‘lime green group.’ In it were George, Harry, Alex, Ophelia, Annelise and Danielle from Kew and two other students from Donvale. I already knew one of them from APS soccer yet I got to further develop a relationship with him and meet someone I didn’t no very well. There were many highlights yet I enjoyed the challenges a lot.

In the first challenge we were given a newspaper and some tape and we had to see who could build the biggest tower out of those objects. We all showed cooperation and communication as we shared our ideas. We then all worked together to build the tower with our strategy. Our tower did fall multiple times yet we always had an idea ready to go and everyone worked together.  And guess what, our tower was the tallest! I think something that really helped was our communication as I said before. The fact that if one idea failed yet someone would always be ready to share there idea with the group was crucial.

As I said before, we all had the chance to meet new people and develop our relationships with others. I got to really talk with George in 6DS. I hadn’t really talked to him much yet on the Lead Yourself Into The Future Day I really got to talk and learn about. In fact we had many things in common. We all had a laugh yet it was also extremely beneficial and I think it helped a lot towards all aspects of leadership. I am looking forward to the year ahead.

Have you ever tried building a tower out of news paper?  

Christian

2 thoughts on “Year 6 Lead Yourself Into The Future Day

1. Hi Christian!
    I certainly have done that challenge a few times before, and with a various amount of resources (or lack of them). Always interesting to see the way different teams approach it in creative ways and problem-solve when it doesn’t work! I’m glad you made some connections with people from Donvale, such an important part of the day!

2. Hello Christian,
    I enjoyed reading your time on “lead yourself into the future” day, I was i purple, we were the tallest for the amount of 2.7seconds. You’re group did extremely well. It was amazing how tall your tower was yet it stayed! Good job, I am also excited for the next conference.
    -Matilda